Super Bowl Prop Betting - the best and the worst
Posted on 2010-01-29
The Super Bowl odds are up and two teams remain: The Indianapolis Colts will square off against the New Orleans Saints in a battle of the two #1 seeds in this year’s playoffs.
With only one game on the docket, the Super Bowl a big game for prop bets. With the last day of NFL betting fast approaching, it’s time to take a look at the best, and worst prop bets for Super Bowl XLIV.
Super Bowl Betting : The Worst Props
3) How many shots of Archie Manning will there be on camera?
- Archie Manning was the leader of the New Orleans Saints during his playing days and raised his three kids in the New Orleans area.
Two of his kids grew up to be #1 draft picks, and win Super Bowls (Eli; Giants, Super Bowl XLII Peyton; Colts, Super Bowl XLI) in back-to-back years. Now Peyton is back in the Super Bowl against his dear old dad’s former team.
Dad has been saying he is rooting for his son, so expect to see a lot of Archie on camera. This, however, if you bet on it, will make you cheer every time you see an old man in a luxury booth instead of a football game. Don’t do it unless you’re sadistic.
2) How many rushing yards will Reggie Bush have?
- Reggie Bush has been an enigmatic player in his short NFL career.
Known more for his relationship with reality TV star, Kim Kardashian, than he is for pounding the rock. I am sick and tired of seeing her on camera, no matter how hot she is, but we will get a healthy dose of her in this game regardless.
Bush has been getting less than five carries a game, but has the ability to break one if he gets out in the open. Stay away.
1) What player will score the first touchdown?
- This is a silly bet for this game especially. Drew Brees and Peyton Manning are notorious in spreading the ball around. You also need to account for kick returners, play making cornerbacks, and defensive players that can scoop a fumble and run it in. There are too many players to pick from.
This is not a smart bet to make.
Super Bowl Betting: The Best Props
3) What songs will “The Who” play at halftime?
- If anyone wants to bet against me that The Who are going to play “Baba O’Reilly” (commonly mistakenly named Teenage Wasteland) I’ll be taking action up until the show! There is no way they don’t play that song.
I also expect to hear “Who Are You?” and “My Generation”. I like my chances.
2) Will there be overtime?
- This bet has traditionally paid off incredible odds. This year, this game may very well come down to the wire again. We have had a couple close Super Bowls in the last two years, but have not been to overtime. I think this game may very well come down to the wire.
If you can get +700, it is worth a shot.
1) Any bet that has 50/50 chances
- Commonly lots of prop bets are 50/50 shots like, “who will win the coin toss” or “which team will call timeout first” or anything else that has only two choices.
A lot of these bets have small returns but if you can parlay some of these 50% chances, you can potentially have a big day.
Sourced From :